‘Saakhi’ means Sikhi Sikhya Gurvichaar. This application helps to know sikh religion thru audio sikh saakhis on Sikh Gurus, Great Sikhs, Gurbani Paath, along with answers to the questions on sikhism that you always wanted to know. Presenting innovative way to get connected to sikhi roots & khalsa traditions.
Salient Features of Saakhi Mobile App:
- Short audios stories on the life history of 10 Sikh Gurus: Guru Nanak Dev ji, Guru Angad Dev ji, Guru Amar Das ji, Guru Ram Das ji, Guru Arjan Dev ji, Guru Har Gobind ji, Guru Har Rai ji, Guru Har Krishan ji, Guru Tegh Bahadur ji & Guru Gobind Singh ji.
- Audio stories on the life history of Great & Warrior Sikhs: Baba Banda Singh Bahadur, Bhai Mani Singh, Bhai Sukha Singh Bhai Mehtab Singh, Bhai Bota Singh Bhai Garja Singh, Bhai Taru Singh, Bhai Subeg Singh Bhai Shahbaz Singh, Baba Deep Singh, Jassa Singh Ahluwalia, Giani Ditt Singh, Bhai Jaswant Singh Khalra. More will be added.
- Each story is ended up with a message that helps relates past history with modern times and recent times of Punjab & larger sikh community.
- Gurbani Paath of Japji, So dar & Sohila.
- Sawaal Jawaab: This sections gives answers to the questions on gurmat and sikh way of life, in the light of true baani of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. This will be updated with more questions in the coming time.
- Audio stories are narrated in Punjabi.